Cracked egg

HaiHaiHens

Chirping
7 Years
Nov 26, 2016
Peafowl eggs. I just accidently dropped a egg while taking out the turner try. Its day 25 of 28. I put some clear tape over the crack which is very small. It cracked on the pointer side end. I see or nor feel anything coming out.its smaller then a dime.
Is there anything I should try different or do? Remove egg completely? Will this contaminate all other eggs or chicks if any hatch? Or even the little one if it hatches. TIA

Sorry also all other eggs went in with this egg so all are due to hatch if any within the same time as the 1 that is cracked.

Peafowl eggs. I just accidently dropped a egg while taking out the turner try. Its day 25 of 28. I put some clear tape over the crack which is very small. It cracked on the pointer side end. I see or nor feel anything coming out.its smaller then a dime.
Is there anything I should try different or do? Remove egg completely? Will this contaminate all other eggs or chicks if any hatch? Or even the little one if it hatches. TIA
What some do for chicken eggs when it's just a small crack is use fingernail polish on the crack. I'd go with clear if you got it, but otherwise I've seen folks use colored too.

The other thing I've heard of is some dripping a drop of melted wax on the spot. I did that once and you have to be very careful to pick up that egg as the wax will be very soft.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom