coup location

dave and tara

Hatching
12 Years
Apr 14, 2007
hello there,

i am new to all this and have decided that keeping chichens is great but i would like to know more about it before i go ahead and buy. one thing that i am not sure about is the coup. where in the garden is the best place to keep it? do i have to keep it a certain distance from the house or is that not relevant. many thanks for your help

dave and tara

Alot of the distance from the house depends on what your local laws state. You would have to give a little more info on where you live. Out in the country where I am the rules are lax.
wee.gif

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I've found the most information on this site and through the board. There are a lot of newbies on the board that will ask the same questions you have. Everyone here is very friendly, so ask away!
As far as the coop, you're going to have to think about how many birds you want and what breed. Standard sized birds will need a bigger area than Bantams. You'll also have to think about if you're going to buy chicks or pullets (hens under a year old, but too old to be called a "chick").

Back
Top Bottom