3clucks

Chirping
Jul 11, 2018
Central Florida
So I have lately been trying to find a Silver Phoenix rooster to show and breed with my silver Phoenix hen that got champion at my local county fair, so I want to get one that is good quality and recently I found one on Craigslist that was $30, and wanted a second opinion before purchasing. (He is 5 months old)
8C716A40-3C51-463F-98C0-4C49624DC7B0.jpeg
34DF0657-319F-4F80-92C6-E3D8F44DDE21.jpeg
3E7DE527-2C07-42E1-A69D-8A83F7B31075.jpeg

Would he be worth buying? The person who currently has him says he has some white speckling on his breast.

So I have lately been trying to find a Silver Phoenix rooster to show and breed with my silver Phoenix hen that got champion at my local county fair, so I want to get one that is good quality and recently I found one on Craigslist that was $30, and wanted a second opinion before purchasing. (He is 5 months old)
View attachment 1640879 View attachment 1640880 View attachment 1640881
Would he be worth buying? The person who currently has him says he has some white speckling on his breast.
I wouldn't because he is quite a small bird, and I prefer bigger cocks are better
r6tFcL.gif

He’s really pretty, I would totally take the chance to buy him! But there is no way to know his actual demeanor towards people and other chickens :)

If you're looking to show and breed, I don't think he is the right bird. Still a very handsome guy, but that white speckling, I believe, is not show standard coloring.

What does the breed standard indicate with regards to coloration, size, shape, etc? You don’t want to breed a sub-par male to your award winning female. I am not familiar with this breed, but if he is a great representation, then yes, get him.

Back
Top Bottom