Could I have a unicorn?

Mkhobs

In the Brooder
Jan 15, 2022
Recently (yesterday) adopted a small flock (currently no birds) and everyone is doing great! A sweet rooster came with the 4 hens who is about 5. The previous owners are friends and are VERY good pet owners! All birds are healthy and have had no issues. The roo has been here for 24 hours and has not crowed once. He’s happy, mating, eating, etc…She told me he is quiet and doesn’t crow often. He’s coming from the downtown area of our city and is used to lots of pets and stimulation. Is it possible I have a unicorn rooster who rarely crows?

28715B24-D548-4B44-B97A-ADF36D0410D1.jpeg

Rusty is on the left. He is 5 year old RIR! Very sweet boy!

I have had 3 different crowing type roos. One rarely crowed. Another crows in the morning and maybe once throughout the day. The third (an OEGB) crow all day. He even crows at night sometimes!

I had a BJG years ago that crowed around the clock. I really miss my sweet boy. His name was Elvis. Of the two roosters I have now, Rojo, the elder and dominant one, crows to keep his flock together. And Toby, the younger Dominique, crows on occasion as he tries to lure hens away from Rojo. He always crows at a distance from Rojo and makes sure he has a clear getaway path. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom