Coturnix Quail Water system

Bluemonster107

Songster
Apr 16, 2019
Fresno, California
I was trying to decide which way to go... 5 gallon bucket with the cups installed directly on that and kept inside cage vs the 5 gallon bucket outside the cage and pvc pipe gravity fed to the cups inside the cage??? I fell like it would be hard to dump and clean if it had a pipe attached to it ... and seems that just having the bucket as a single unit would be better?!?! But no clue as I am not using either version as of yet... so reaching out to the experts!! Thanks

So, if I had room and just one big aviary, I would definitely put the cups straight onto the bucket (at the bottom so you get all the water) and then set the whole contraption up onto bricks so the cups ended up ~4-6" off the ground.

I do not have room, so mine have to be tube-fed.

So, if I had room and just one big aviary, I would definitely put the cups straight onto the bucket....
Thank you! That is kinda what I was thinking and then also that cleaning the “pipe” or “tubes” would be a pain... but wasn’t sure if maybe I was missing a benefit of one over the other... that I just wasn’t seeing

I have a 5 gallon bucket on the outside with 3/8s tubing to the cups inside the cage. I wired the cups to the cage. Been there for 3 years, love it. During the winter the sun warms the tubing so the birds still get water. Rarely do I have to water my birds in the winter. Found a great place to buy everything I'm not sure if I can post is here. I'll be glad to drop anyone a note if you would like more information.

I have a 5 gallon bucket on the outside with 3/8s tubing to the cups inside the cage. I wired the cups to the cage. Been there for 3 years, love it. During the winter the sun warms the tubing so the birds still get water. Rarely do I have to water my birds in the winter. Found a great place to buy everything I'm not sure if I can post is here. I'll be glad to drop anyone a note if you would like more information.

Please send me a PM with the info and I would love it if you posted pics of your setup!

How do you clean out the bucket and the tubing?

Back
Top Bottom