Coturnix Quail Hatch Along

Pics
IMG_4303.jpeg

IMG_4302.jpeg

IMG_4304.jpeg

This is what her head normally looks like. My pens aren’t very filled out at the moment, so I think it is the fox scaring them and making them bump their heads. I’ll have to make working on the pens a priority this week! :)

World's first crested quail! Congrats on discovering a new gene! :clap

All joking aside, are the bumps hard or soft? I have no idea what's causing them either, but whenever mine have startled and hit the top of their enclosure, they end up with little divots in their head feathers. I could see repeated flushing causing bumps, but idk.

World's first crested quail! Congrats on discovering a new gene! :clap

All joking aside, are the bumps hard or soft? I have no idea what's causing them either, but whenever mine have startled and hit the top of their enclosure, they end up with little divots in their head feathers. I could see repeated flushing causing bumps, but idk.
My roo definitely has a bump on his head, it hasn't really gone down at all. He doesn’t like me touching it, probably sore. My hens are looking way better though! I believe it is from the fox scaring them. Hopefully his little head will go back to normal soon :)

IMG_4436.jpeg

This is the closest to celadon I’ve gotten, not even sure if it’s actually even celadon.. :oops: lol

I‘m kinda wishing I never bought eggs from that seller. I have a bunch of small flighty birds now… not really sure what to do with them. I bought them with the intention of breeding, but I don’t know if I want to use them. Most of them are not very quality birds in my opinion, conformationally or temperamentally. I will probably soft cull most of them.

I’ve learned my lesson with ebay sellers! I’ve only been happy with 1 seller on there. Should’ve gotten thieving otter like I was going to:gigNext time!!

View attachment 3834253
This is the closest to celadon I’ve gotten, not even sure if it’s actually even celadon.. :oops: lol

I‘m kinda wishing I never bought eggs from that seller. I have a bunch of small flighty birds now… not really sure what to do with them. I bought them with the intention of breeding, but I don’t know if I want to use them. Most of them are not very quality birds in my opinion, conformationally or temperamentally. I will probably soft cull most of them.

I’ve learned my lesson with ebay sellers! I’ve only been happy with 1 seller on there. Should’ve gotten thieving otter like I was going to:gigNext time!!
That is not a celadon egg. Celadon might have a few tiny dots, but no splotches on them.

Back
Top Bottom