Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Realistically death count in general is rather irrelevant. What does matter is death count in 'hot zones' and control of transmission . Easy to downplay significance unless you are elderly, immunocompromised or have a loved one impacted. One thing that could use more clarification in the impact on survivors. Apparently in some/many instances there is significant and permanent lung damage regardless of age. Far from panic here, but as there is so much that is unknown common sense is essential.

Remember, every time you talk about COVID-19 being not very serious because it only effects certain people, anyone you know who has a disability or is elderly or otherwise in an at risk group is hearing that you don't think their deaths are very serious. Anyone with loved ones in those groups is hearing you don't think their loved ones deaths are very serious.

I'm young and yet I am at-risk for pneumonia because I've had it twice before and need to monitor myself in cold/flu season. My sister has no immune system due to RA medication and is 35. One of my closest friends is 29 and is pre-diabetic with thyroid issues and like me is in an at-risk group. My father is 70. One of my oldest friends in my dnd group is battling cancer right now. My partners parents are both in their late 50's.

We're listening when you say those at-risk people aren't something we should be worried about, and we should just expect deaths in their demographics.

This is interesting to me - traditional Chinese medicine. I would like to see the data on coronavirus patients treated with TCM compared to those treated with establishment western medicine. I've read that they are doing trials in China treating patients with high dose vitamin C IVs. That's what I'd insist on; I wouldn't take the experimental antiviral medicines.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/stren...to-prevent-the-wuhan-coronavirus_3271256.html

Thanks, ChocolateMouse. Yes, every death matters. ...even though we're all going to die of something someday. And every contact matters because we don't know who is walking around asymptomatic and shedding the virus. It could be any one of us while there's no mechanism in place for testing the general population.

That doesn't mean panic. It means we have a responsibility to be thoughtful and deliberate in what we touch and how we go about our lives for the time being. Today in the truest way possible, we are all our brothers' keeper.

That doesn't mean panic. It means we have a responsibility to be thoughtful and deliberate in what we touch and how we go about our lives for the time being. Today in the truest way possible, we are all our brothers' keeper.

Today was the first day in my life (that I can remember) in which I used the provided antiseptic wipes on the grocery cart handles. Normally I just walk around the store picking my nose.

haha not really on the last part but it did sound funny.

Today was the first day in my life (that I can remember) in which I used the provided antiseptic wipes on the grocery cart handles. Normally I just walk around the store picking my nose.

haha not really on the last part but it did sound funny.
So you shop at Walmart too? :lau :gig

Y'all I'm getting this for summer
FB_IMG_1583591738565.jpg
FB_IMG_1584181941841.jpg

Remember, every time you talk about COVID-19 being not very serious because it only effects certain people, anyone you know who has a disability or is elderly or otherwise in an at risk group is hearing that you don't think their deaths are very serious. Anyone with loved ones in those groups is hearing you don't think their loved ones deaths are very serious.

I'm young and yet I am at-risk for pneumonia because I've had it twice before and need to monitor myself in cold/flu season. My sister has no immune system due to RA medication and is 35. One of my closest friends is 29 and is pre-diabetic with thyroid issues and like me is in an at-risk group. My father is 70. One of my oldest friends in my dnd group is battling cancer right now. My partners parents are both in their late 50's.

We're listening when you say those at-risk people aren't something we should be worried about, and we should just expect deaths in their demographics.

Well they can take that whatever way they want, but that's not what's meant at all. What is meant is that I think it's highly irresponsible and destructive to conduct ourselves in ways that panic society for the sake of a few who are already susceptible to a large variety of illnesses. Life must go on, and we really don't want a collapsed economy because of uncontrolled fear.

Back
Top Bottom