Coronavirus and supplies

Jajika

Crowing
16 Years
Dec 24, 2007
Northern California
Hi Everyone:

A friend of mine called to say that he was concerned that the supply chain for chicken food could be seriously impaired in a few months. I think he may be correct. While I always stock up when I buy my food, etc., I don't stock up for several months at a time. Just sharing this with you all if you believe this may be the case?

Realistically we have no idea as to what the course/final impact of this disease will be. I am optimistic, but have gradually built a 2 month supply of feed, and intend to maintain at that level. I always maintain enough 'human food' to cover that time span. History is a great teacher.

Im in Michigan and the governor ordered a "shelter in place" order. I think the feed stores here are still open since they "are essential to life" but I'm not sure. I just bought 150 pounds a few days ago so I haven't had a need to go there.

I ordered 3 mo of feed from TSC online, went to store to pick up an hour later, and they wheeled it out the door for me. I didn't even have to go in. TSC website says
"

A message to our Neighbors from President and CEO, Hal Lawton
All of us at Tractor Supply are here for you.

March 19, 2020
Dear Neighbor,
With the rapid changes across the nation due to the coronavirus (COVID‐19), I wanted to update you on the proactive steps we are taking at Tractor Supply to serve you, your family and your animals' needs today and in the longer term.
We know you view Tractor Supply as critical to feeding and caring for your animals and pets, just as the grocery store is to your family's needs. We feel a tremendous responsibility to you, and knowing this, we are taking the following steps:

• We are adding Team Member hours in our stores to ensure we can provide legendary customer service.
  • We are adjusting our store hours to ensure our Team Members are available to help you. We continue to be humbled and proud of our Team Members across the country and thank you for the kindness and care you are showing them. Effective Sunday, March 22, our revised hours are:
    • Monday — Saturday: 8 a.m. ‐ 6 p.m.
    • Sunday: 9 a.m. ‐ 6 p.m. (Sunday hours vary by store – check online for your store's Sunday hours)
  • We are increasing our inventory supply for essential products such as livestock feed, equine feed, pet food, water and propane.
  • We are extending two weeks of paid leave to our Team Members if they are experiencing any concerning symptoms in order to ensure their health and well‐being as well as yours.
  • To make shopping easier for you and to ensure your products will be waiting for you when you arrive, our website, TractorSupply.com is enabled with Buy Online Pickup In Store. Once you order, we will have the product waiting for you in an hour, and we can hold it for you for up to 2 days.
We are committed today, tomorrow and in the future to continue to be your most dependable retailer of choice so that you can continue living life on your terms. Thank you for your loyalty and support.
I hope you and your family remain safe and well.
Hal-Lawton-Signatures-PNG.png

Hal Lawton, President and CEO

A friend suggested that the supply chain for livestock food could be affected, so I did stock up with more than I usually do. We build some large metal shelves in the chicken yard to keep the food off of the ground. We ordered over the phone, paid by credit card and they met us at the driveway.
20200327_144601.jpg

Back
Top Bottom