Songster
9 Years
Jul 9, 2013
Osteen Florida
The first three ate on average 7 per helping .Had this guy been venomous
it could have been taken live and given to milkers to save lives. These are
the ones who have consistently decimated HUNDREDS of peeps and eggs
over the years. Does anyone have a set of tongs they don't need ? I've got
them live with rakes and other utensils for an old friend who milks venom.
These days if it weren't for bad luck I'd have none at all, if I had a pair it'd
be nice to keep in my pen. Suppose I could save corn snakes too if anyone
actually wanted them ! Let me know ,but I'm not gonna catch them for some
one who is wanting to go 5 miles and release them so they or their offspring
can return ! RR

Yellow rat snake. I've lost quite a few chicks, pullets and cockerals to them. I even had one go after a 3 year old Buff Orpington hen, luckily I was able to save her and kill the snake. They attack any time of the day or night and are very aggressive.

Not corn snake chicken snake

Corn, rat,chicken you can call them Charlie Brown snakes ! THEY ARE MY WORST PEEPINATORS. The only
reason they get caught normally is they squeeze in then eat every thing and can't get out. It helps with the death
toll,count the lumps. I probably wouldn't mind except they seem to "target eggs" and peeps. That's why Game-
cocks and hens are such great free rangers,they'll peck the eyes out if they can. I even saw one hen run one off!
RR

Y
What kind? The only kind, dead!!!!!
Yip per , I almost always identify them POST MORTEM . If snake grabber tongs were in my pen next to the
machete and shovel I would capture poisonous ones live to donate them for milking. Truth is two nesting
boxes are dark and hard to reach I reached in to get the eggs one day and HOLY COW felt that feeling !
Lucky it had an egg in its mouth, that one was bigger than the one pictured can't say for sure .Went out in
dark expecting a mammal. RR

Back
Top Bottom