Contender for Next Year's Breeding Cock

Redhead Rae

Chickens, chickens everywhere!
7 Years
Jan 4, 2017
Braxton County, WV
This 4.5 week old LF Cornish cockerel is really looking like a good contender for next year's breeding cock.

IMG_0361.JPG

IMG_0362.JPG

IMG_0363.JPG

Look at the shanks on him already!

IMG_0364.JPG

IMG_0366.JPG

IMG_0367.JPG

Pardon my ignorance. What criteria are you using? Size at this age? Growth rate? Interested in your choices. Thank you.

Chickens! Can't take them anywhere. They poop on the handrail. The poop on your lap. Ugh. :lau

Pardon my ignorance. What criteria are you using? Size at this age? Growth rate? Interested in your choices. Thank you.

Chickens! Can't take them anywhere. They poop on the handrail. The poop on your lap. Ugh. :lau
Growth rate, breast size, shank size. Of course I may be raising another that does better.

unfortunately you don't know how well they can breed a hen until much later
poor steve still hasn't gotten the hang of it... I have only seen him successfully mate once....out of 8 eggs only 2 had bullseyes... and they could have been from the same hen

unfortunately you don't know how well they can breed a hen until much later
poor steve still hasn't gotten the hang of it... I have only seen him successfully mate once....out of 8 eggs only 2 had bullseyes... and they could have been from the same hen
Yeah. I want 1-2 back ups as well. You know this already @Molpet but His dad, HAL was one of 3 but one Cochin cockerel beat him and his compatriots up so badly that the other two died. I almost lost HAL too.

Back
Top Bottom