Cold weather and a broody

SamCO

Songster
Mar 8, 2022
Northern Colorado
I had my little salmon faverolles that is currently sitting on 4 or 5 eggs. I think they are about 2 weeks. I candled a couple yesterday and they have wiggly chicks inside. I got her nest moved to her own enclosure within the coop and she’s doing well in there, leaving just for a few minutes to go outside and eat and drink.

The weather this week is supposed to drop into the teens for two nights. Do I need to worry about her and her eggs? I figured i can stuff some more straw under her nest box so that the bottom is better insulated.

Any advice?

Attachments

• 0C7F6C68-8381-4362-AC06-30FBB4881C64.jpeg
    0C7F6C68-8381-4362-AC06-30FBB4881C64.jpeg
    490.7 KB · Views: 7
I had my little salmon faverolles that is currently sitting on 4 or 5 eggs. I think they are about 2 weeks. I candled a couple yesterday and they have wiggly chicks inside. I got her nest moved to her own enclosure within the coop and she’s doing well in there, leaving just for a few minutes to go outside and eat and drink.

The weather this week is supposed to drop into the teens for two nights. Do I need to worry about her and her eggs? I figured i can stuff some more straw under her nest box so that the bottom is better insulated.

Any advice?
She'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom