We have wild chicory all over the farm. Very pretty when it blooms in the early morning making a blue carpet in the grass. Plus, you have that 'coffee enhancer' possibility from the roasted roots.

Morning all. I've learned that decaf is wonderful if you dump coco mix in it! Makes me feel decadent!
Of course it’s decadent! Chocolate comes with caffeine! :gig Yeah that chicory coffee…I remember sometime in the 70’s there was an issue with coffee. It got terribly expensive and there was at least one company offering a workaround. I remember it being mostly bitter, not exactly coffee though.

Hey Club up at 8 dogs out. Had cold snap 18 here this morning ..
I did bring another pot real black coffee :caf
My thermometer said 27 this morning but the sensor is out under the covered porch so it might well be a warmer spot. Even so the first thing I did after pouring a cup of coffee was start the fire! Brrrr!

Morning everyone! Beautiful sunshine this morning but very cold! I need to fix up one of those water warmers. I do have power in my coop.
I made up two using @CapricornFarm's plan and they work perfectly! No more rushing outside in cold mornings to make sure the birds have thawed water to drink!

You Rock, Cap!:celebrate

I made up two using @CapricornFarm's plan and they work perfectly! No more rushing outside in cold mornings to make sure the birds have thawed water to drink!

You Rock, Cap!:celebrate
Thanks, i have quite a few of them running. Also have 5 gallon nipple buckets with aquarium heaters in them, plugged into a thermal cube so they only come on when it's cold.
My stock tanks that i use for water sources when the hoses are frozen, have either a heater or air bubblers.
20220121_171640.jpg

Back
Top Bottom