We have a winter weather advisory moving in. 1-3 inches of snow followed by -8 degrees for a low Thursday night. It's supposed to be a wet snow so I'll be taking my nets down later. I can't afford to loose them all to mother nature.

But on the bright side. 55 by Monday. Early spring is trying to work her way into Missouri.

On my last cup of the day...bum foot was feeling better today so ventured out into the woods.
That might have been a mistake, gonna need a dose of ibuprofen with dinner.
I have 15 acres into which I cut a bunch of trails, in addition to the few that were here when I bought the place 20 years ago, most are long overgrown and even the originals are pretty much impassable, at least in summer. Wintertime with a bit of snow on the ground is an excellent time to see it all and push thru the leafless brush.
Bittersweet to be out there, remembering all the past times and seeing the tracks of those that still wander there. Made me drag up the old drawings of the place.
Skinny black lines are wetlands(swamp),
medium black lines are my trails,
fat black lines are original trails,
blue lines are fencing for dogs.
1581458189079.png

We have trails back in our timber @aart. We have about 20-22 acres of timber that we have cut tractor wide paths in order to ride our dirt bikes and be able to pass one another and or harvest wood. I still go to my happy place when having something unpleasant done by doctors, which is riding my dirt bike back in the timber...even though I can't ride the dirt bike any more. I still can rip around in my mind, and memorizing the trails helps. It's almost like a meditation for me and helps me relax.

I still can rip around in my mind, and memorizing the trails helps.
Yep, many many memories of scouting, creating, and maintaining the trails.
As well as walking with the dogs, snowmobiling, and skiing out there.
Gotta remember to be glad it happened instead of sad it's over.
:highfive:

On my last cup of the day...bum foot was feeling better today so ventured out into the woods.
That might have been a mistake, gonna need a dose of ibuprofen with dinner.
I have 15 acres into which I cut a bunch of trails, in addition to the few that were here when I bought the place 20 years ago, most are long overgrown and even the originals are pretty much impassable, at least in summer. Wintertime with a bit of snow on the ground is an excellent time to see it all and push thru the leafless brush.
Bittersweet to be out there, remembering all the past times and seeing the tracks of those that still wander there. Made me drag up the old drawings of the place.
Skinny black lines are wetlands(swamp),
medium black lines are my trails,
fat black lines are original trails,
blue lines are fencing for dogs.
View attachment 2024158
Hate to hear about the bum foot, Aart. Glad you were able to get out and about today. You really did cut a lot of trails in there!

Back
Top Bottom