Coccidiosis?

ldrchickens

Songster
Jul 1, 2018
Oklahoma
My Coop
My Coop
Hey guys. So i posted a few days ago about runny poop. Now today i notice this. A few of my teenagers huddled together crouching together. No heavy breathing, no discharge, no sneezing. Could this be from the maybe coccidiosis? Thanks!

20190414_193815.jpg
20190414_193832.jpg
20190414_193836.jpg

Ya, if they start puffing up and standing still like that I would treat for cocci. Corid is pretty mild. I use 9.6% liquid corid, 9.5 ml per gallon of water, and .25 ml direct dose per 3lb bird for birds that are showing symptoms. Refresh the water daily and add fresh corid.

Last edited:
Ya, if they start puffing up and standing still like that I would treat for cocci. Corid is pretty mild. I use 9.6% liquid corid, 2 ml per gallon of water, and .25 ml direct dose per 3lb bird for birds that are showing symptoms. Refresh the water daily and add fresh corid.
Thanks! Thats what im hoping. I started treatment with 2 teaspoons per gallon. Is that too much? I read those measurments somewhere on here. I'm treating my whole flock

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I quoted the amount needed per quart. It is 2 teaspoons per gallon or approximately 10 ml. Tablespoon is a bit much maybe. I corrected my previous post.

Back
Top Bottom