City Folk

(city girl here)... I learned about the "birds and bees"of turtle love watching David Attenborough (he has THE best programs on wildlife) when he was visiting Madagascar I think... they were filming those HUGE land turtles...apparently it is quite common for two males to fight over who gets the gal... the loser is the one that is turned over on his back and immobilized has to watch the victor enjoying his spoils (the camerman gave an exquisite view from the angle of the loser
lau.gif
)

If ignorance is bliss, some folks are really happy...This thread has made me giggle out loud...
We went to the Marshfield fair last August and they have a petting zoo...one of those high-falutin-Infinity drivin' women with her 2.3 kids was looking at an alpaca. He obviously didn't like her because he turned his back on her and took the biggest dump I've ever seen an animal take...She was like ooh gross. I was rolling. I said to her, did you expect him to explode instead?

OK, I REALLY needed a laugh today (dealing with credit card fraud and on hold for the fourth time already) and the whole bit about hummingbirds not having feet--I laughed out loud!
Thanks!
Come on, folks, I know you have more stories like this! We need them! Make fun of other people, make fun of yourself, whatever! The world can be a big, bad, scary place so anything that makes us laugh is greatly appreciated!

Quote:
Haha, yeah, same here. All week I live on campus in the middle of Seattle where to see living things you have to stand in the green houses. On weekends I come back home to seven acres of seclusion surrounded by trees in the middle of another city! It almost feels like country.... till you hear sirens of cops, the wrecking yard smash things, and the traffic on the highway.

You guys are hilarious!

Ok, a co-worker of mine was once asked how many sled dogs she had. She said, "what??" This other person replied, "well, you guys don't have roads up there <in Maine>" LOL!

This is great!! and i have one to share, although it's not animal-related. anyway..... i work in the produce department of a grocery store. these 3 college kids came in, you know, the brainy, serious type. they looked around the produce case for a minute and then asked me where did we keep the "corn on the stalk". naturally i was bumfuzzled, so i repeated "Corn on the Stalk?????" the bright young man said, "yeah, you know the corn on the cone stuff." i pointed to the corn on the cob, and left quickly, so they wouldn't hear me bust my gut laughing. it's been two years, and my co-worker still laugh about it!

Back
Top Bottom