Cinco-de-Mayo Hatch-A-Long celebration!

I’m so sorry you’ve had hatch emergencies! Sometimes things go that way:/ I used to have an incuview and I am sad to say I drowned half a hatch of eggs because of water pooling up. I had it on an automated humidity drip and I had apparently pulled out the sensor so it stayed on over night and I woke up to eggs sitting in water.

I guess that’s a danger in any incubator designed that way with reservoirs on the bottom and no overflow outlet.

I’m glad you caught your issue before you went to bed. Hope your eggs & chicks are all ok and no more trouble.

the '3rd wave' of my staggered hatch has begun .. one out, pips on the way, going to be a busy night ...

Attachments

• 20230504_183518.jpg
    20230504_183518.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230504_183711.jpg
    20230504_183711.jpg
    502.2 KB · Views: 1
This morning my broody mama got up for a few minutes and I snagged a picture of all the pips.
IMG_8888.jpeg

The sweet peeps coming from inside the eggs are simply adorable 🥰 all but two have externally pipped and thanks to my handy phone light I could see movement in the two that haven’t yet. I have high hopes all 9 will hatch out. 🤞 Mama has a long and busy night ahead of her. She keeps sticking her head under her to adjust them and is constantly talking to them. Its really sweet to watch.

Here's my hatch day update: So far, I have 15 little dumplings in the brooder and all are doing GOOD! :wee There are 14 more at various stages of pip and zip, and 8 more who have yet to join the party.

Sadly, Dumpling #24 was removed to the fire barrel outside just before it exploded. I had noticed a bad smell :sick in the incubator a few days ago, but could not identify the culprit no matter how I tried, and then doubted my sniffer .... but today there was leakage and I knew. Carefully wrapped it in a paper towel and hot-footed it outside. Barely got it out in time!!!

I'm afraid I may have lost another one, #26. It pipped on the bottom, and by the time I checked and found it, there was no movement. It JUST happened, so I'm not sure if it's just sleeping. I'll know by morning probably.

Anyway, good night all and I hope everyone's babies make it through this hatch!

Back
Top Bottom