Chicks can't stand

crazyfeathers

Songster
6 Years
Aug 24, 2013
Auburndale, Wi
I have 2 chicks that are 2 days old who can not stand. Will this correct itself or should I dispose of the chicks? Can someone please tell me the best way to do this? I think the chicks might have got too cold. I have corrected that situation. Makes me sad that this was most likely due to my error. Thanks in advance.

I have 2 chicks that are 2 days old who can not stand. Will this correct itself or should I dispose of the chicks? Can someone please tell me the best way to do this? I think the chicks might have got too cold. I have corrected that situation. Makes me sad that this was most likely due to my error. Thanks in advance.

Can you tell why they can't stand? Just too weak, legs splaying out to sides, toes curled? Many things are correctable, but we need to know what problems they are dealing with. I had a chick last year that couldn't hold it's head up for 2 days, had curled toes which I corrected with shoes, splayed legs which I corrected with a brace, and he didn't eat for 4 days or drink for 5 days, he did make it and his leg problems were all corrected.

Nope no splay leg or curled toes. Lays on belly with their legs not extended and feet under body. I did some research but couldn't find this condition. Chicks appear healthy otherwise? I will give them a day and see what happens. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom