*CHICKS are HERE!!!* Egg Candling Pics: Progression Though Incubation

The top 2 look pretty porous which can be hard to see even in person but look ok from what I can see the one lighter one looks like it may be a blood ring but it's hard to tell I would recheck in a few days to see if it still looks the same or if it starts to stink! The last one appears to look good too I check them again at day 10 and 14 then before lockdown more often than many not as often as some it's up to you good luck!!

Day 18 for my silkie chicks, I removed the automatic egg turner and candled. I see air space on both ends :( did they die?

This is day 7 but I don't have a good light or camera. Plus they are brown eggs. :)

Thanks for the post. I bought some hatching eggs for my broody hen. Your post helped ease some concerns and answered my questions. However, I wonder if you allow the eggs to stay with the hen at time of hatching. This is going to be my first hatching and I tend to leave nature to do the work.

So when I see that they are trying to get out of the egg do I pull the egg out and set it on some paper towel and under a heat lamp? It's my first time hatching so I'm a little concerned.

Back
Top Bottom