*CHICKS are HERE!!!* Egg Candling Pics: Progression Though Incubation

Pics
Do you mean that when you candle, you see a lot of tiny light spots on the shell, where it looks as though the shell is thinner and the light is penetrating more in those spots? In this case the egg is thinner in these spots. It does not mean that the egg is inherently contaminated, but that if you try to incubate, it will be susceptible to bacteria because of the thin shell. I've noticed a few of these before when incubating some of our eggs. None of them ever developed past the first few days. So I threw them out.

I would also assume from this that, if you are selling the eggs for eating, they may not keep as long in the refrigerator. But I do not candle or float test the eggs we sell, and it has never been a problem for us.

Keep researching and come to your own conclusions. These are just my experiences...

A little tough to see but what do you all think? Fertile?

Do you mean that when you candle, you see a lot of tiny light spots on the shell, where it looks as though the shell is thinner and the light is penetrating more in those spots?  In this case the egg is thinner in these spots.  It does not mean that the egg is inherently contaminated, but that if you try to incubate, it will be susceptible to bacteria because of the thin shell.  I've noticed a few of these before when incubating some of our eggs.  None of them ever developed past the first few days.  So I threw them out.

I would also assume from this that, if you are selling the eggs for eating, they may not keep as long in the refrigerator.  But I do not candle or float test the eggs we sell, and it has never been a problem for us.

Keep researching and come to your own conclusions.  These are just my experiences...

Here's a pic of the egg without the candler light and one with the light. The spots seem to be inside.
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom