Chicken wont get up, cant hold its head up.

He just pooped, mostly white with yellow liquid, and a few solids (soft green stuff). He doesn't seem to be getting worse. but not much better either. He will not eat anything.

Botulism usually causes paralysis of feet, then legs, then wings, then neck, and death may occur from paralysis of breathing within 12-24 hours. Birds surviving for 48 hours will probably live with supportive care and feeding. The toxic flush is either molasses or epsom salts and water. Honestly, I wouldn't use them unless you are pretty sure he has botulism, since they will severely dehydrate him from diarrhea. Right now he needs fluid badly, and I would keep try to give the electrolytes. Here is some info about tube feeding, incase you would like to try crop feeding. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/805728/go-team-tube-feeding If you crop feed him for a few days, you may be able to help pull him through this.

Thanks, I gave him some Corid this afternoon, he has got up three times now. Hold his head up for a little bit, seems to be improving.

Oh my goodness that is wonderful! He should feel like eating once the Corid starts helping, but drinking the Corid water is the most important thing. After the last day of Corid treatment, give him several days of vitamins and probiotics to get his intestinal bacteria back to normal.

I am so happy, He is up and walking and eating on his own this morning. Thanks to all your help and advice we have saved my little rooster.

I found my little Mille Fleur Booted Bantam down this morning. He wont stand or walk, cant even hold his head up. How can I help this little guy, I don't know much about him, I took him in about a month and a half ago from a good home. He was healty and fine and then bam. I looked him over and found an infected ingrown feather. I removed that and cleaned it up. Could this infection be his problem, or should I be treating him for something else? Please help me save this little guy!!
How did you go with mille ? I walked in this morning to let chickens out and found one of the girls down exactly same thing . I'm first time with birds got no clue

Back
Top Bottom