Chicken poop light green and amall

Hi, my cochin has been pooping quite small, light green poops. They aren’t foamy or wet. She had not eaten green vegetables in two weeks. She eats normally. What could be the reason behind this? My other hens all have healthy, large, brown poops.
View attachment 3814201
Edit: Dispite her eating a good amount throughout the day, she only pooped once during the night!!! :( She is not showing signs of being egg bound. @Eggcessive @Wyorp Rock

I don’t use hormone implants, nor do I see vets for my chickens. Your hen is 3 years, and some hens may stop by then. I have had a few lay until 6 or 7, but not too many. It is up to you whether or not to get the hormone implant. It might allow her to stop laying altogether, if she is laying internally. But it is awfully expensive to do that for a hen, especially if you are going to consider doing that for all hens. I prefer to let them live as normal a live as possible. I will use an antibiotic if I know what is wrong or suspect internal laying or reproductive infection. Many develop crop problems. But I just do so much. If they are not getting better, enjoying life or suffering, I will put one down. The I will do a necropsy to look for what was going on.

I don’t use hormone implants, nor do I see vets for my chickens. Your hen is 3 years, and some hens may stop by then. I have had a few lay until 6 or 7, but not too many. It is up to you whether or not to get the hormone implant. It might allow her to stop laying altogether, if she is laying internally. But it is awfully expensive to do that for a hen, especially if you are going to consider doing that for all hens. I prefer to let them live as normal a live as possible. I will use an antibiotic if I know what is wrong or suspect internal laying or reproductive infection. Many develop crop problems. But I just do so much. If they are not getting better, enjoying life or suffering, I will put one down. The I will do a necropsy to look for what was going on.
Ok, thanks for the reply. Her poop has returned to normal size but is still quite green. She has eaten no vegetables. I’m going in to the vet tomorrow and going ahead with probably a round of antibiotics. No yolk or anything abnormal in her poop except the color.

Attachments

• IMG_5842.jpeg
    IMG_5842.jpeg
    781.2 KB · Views: 0
There are some white urates with the yellow poop, so I think it may be more of a reproductive infection, which is what coelomitis or egg yolk peritonitis is. It is hard to know exactly what is going on inside her, but if you lose her, a necropsy can be done. They can still have water belly with any of these conditions: coelomitis, fatty liver disease, and cancer.
The vet discovered she has Carcinomatosis. I made another thread.

Back
Top Bottom