Chicken ate a big strip of plastic!

Bear4boo

Songster
Jun 10, 2022
Midwest
One of our girls just slurped down a strip of plastic while free ranging….approximately five or so inches long and a couple of inches wide. How concerned should we be? Is there anything we need to do?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
I would just try to watch that it comes back out. Chickens are known to eat a lot of strange things like styrofoam and be unaffected. The main thing I'd worry about is her crop should it get stuck there.

A little molasses in water works as a laxative but I'd wait a bit to see as she'll probably just pass it.

I would just try to watch that it comes back out. Chickens are known to eat a lot of strange things like styrofoam and be unaffected. The main thing I'd worry about is her crop should it get stuck there.

A little molasses in water works as a laxative but I'd wait a bit to see as she'll probably just pass it.
2x. I would also suggest removing anything unsafe from where your chickens free-range, such as the plastic.

2x. I would also suggest removing anything unsafe from where your chickens free-range, such as the plastic.

I would agree with this - x3!

Back
Top Bottom