Chick with weird breathing

Chicks Galore3

Artistic Bird Nut
11 Years
Dec 16, 2011
Iowa
Long story short I got one new baby chick tonight. She is in with my week old bantams and getting along fine. I think she is a lavender Orpington, but she is VERY small. Bantam sized. When she chirps loudly, she has a squeaky/gurggly sound to her. When she breathes normally it sounds "sticky". Any ideas of what this is?

Sounds like a respiratory infection. Being small could mean there's something wrong with her. You will need to see a vet for treatment now. Over the counter antibiotics are no longer sold.

I just got a baby turkey a few hours ago and she started breathing weird and i dont know if shes just scared or if shes sick because shes acting kind of scared, and its not like heavy panting breathing but its like open mouth gasping and then just barley open mouth breathing no weezing either

I just got a baby turkey a few hours ago and she started breathing weird and i dont know if shes just scared or if shes sick because shes acting kind of scared, and its not like heavy panting breathing but its like open mouth gasping and then just barley open mouth breathing no weezing either
You just got one?

Back
Top Bottom