Chick pipped and began to zip but nothing further has happened!!

Renada_

Chirping
Mar 3, 2023
This is my first time hatching any type of chicks. I have already hatched 7/16 chicks so far and they’re all fine! Now this one pipped last night sometime between 10 and 12, I went to sleep and when I woke up it was a little more open. Now it is nearly 6 and there has been no more movement. I took most chicks out and put them in the brooder a while ago because they were beating up on all the eggs and the weaker chick still in the bator. Now this is stressing me out that this one is not peeping, I can’t tell if it’s moving or not. I keep thinking it is, but it might be my eyes playing tricks on me. When I did go to check this morning the humidity went from 60-65% to 56%, I fixed it immediately after I had seen that it’d gone down. The temperature is also at 99.5, the incubator is an Octagon 20 Advance. I’ll attach a photo of what it looks like now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 14
This is my first time hatching any type of chicks. I have already hatched 7/16 chicks so far and they’re all fine! Now this one pipped last night sometime between 10 and 12, I went to sleep and when I woke up it was a little more open. Now it is nearly 6 and there has been no more movement. I took most chicks out and put them in the brooder a while ago because they were beating up on all the eggs and the weaker chick still in the bator. Now this is stressing me out that this one is not peeping, I can’t tell if it’s moving or not. I keep thinking it is, but it might be my eyes playing tricks on me. When I did go to check this morning the humidity went from 60-65% to 56%, I fixed it immediately after I had seen that it’d gone down. The temperature is also at 99.5, the incubator is an Octagon 20 Advance. I’ll attach a photo of what it looks like now.
Read this article! https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/

I regret helping mine after she zipped. Its been a heart breaking few days of feeding her drop by drop. There is a reason they pass during the hatch.

Back
Top Bottom