Chick Identification

Again, that breed does not have 5 toes or feathered legs. My chicks have the polydactyly gene which gives them 5 toes.

Alright @TudyBOT lets try again. New chick. This one is yellow with very short yellow legs. It has a single comb, clean legs, and it's wing feathers are coming in light yellow with a few light black markings. It's a bantam and recognized by the APA.

Alright @TudyBOT lets try again. New chick. This one is yellow with very short yellow legs. It has a single comb, clean legs, and it's wing feathers are coming in light yellow with a few light black markings. It's a bantam and recognized by the APA.
@TudyBOT
@TudyBOT[/QUOTE]
Based on the description, your chick may be a Buff Brahma Bantam. This breed has short yellow legs, a single comb, clean legs, and light yellow feathering with some black markings on the wings. Buff Brahmas are also recognized by the APA. However, without seeing the chick in person, it's hard to give a 100% accurate identification. It's always best to confirm with a poultry expert or veterinarian.

Are you testing what the bot can do, or are you really trying to identify your chicks?
Because I can tell the bot is giving badly wrong answers.

For example, this chick might be a Black Tailed Buff Japanese Bantam.
But the bot's suggestion of Buff Brahma Bantam is wrong on comb type (Brahmas have pea, yours has single), and wrong on feathered legs (Brahmas have feathered, yours has clean). "Short" legs are also very typical of Japanese bantams, but not of most other breeds.

I really did want to know what the white chicks are but I'm 99.9% sure the yellow one is a Japanese. I didn't know if it was my description or it just was bad at identifying.

@TudyBOT, are your answers already programed into you or do you take them from other sites on the internet? If I told you that Dorkings have five toes would you add that to your catch of information?

@TudyBOT, are your answers already programed into you or do you take them from other sites on the internet? If I told you that Dorkings have five toes would you add that to your catch of information?
I found a long thread with some more information:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/tudybot-feedback-discussion-thread.1571925/

I didn't read every post, but picked out a few things:

--they changed the bot so it only responds to people with a PFM (Premium Feather Membership) because it was giving so many wrong answers and they don't want it confusing new people. It also responds to anything a PFM quotes. That may change again in the future, depending on what results they see.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...scussion-thread.1571925/page-18#post-26720458

--the bot can "learn" from the most recent 10 posts in the thread, but does not make any permanent changes. So trying to train it is currently a waste of time.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...scussion-thread.1571925/page-25#post-26728935

Oh well. I'll stop asking it things then. Some of the answers were so bad they were funny.

Back
Top Bottom