Chick Identification

Oh well. I'll stop asking it things then. Some of the answers were so bad they were funny.
That's about what I was thinking, too.

I asked because if you were seriously trying to get help, I was going to try to help.
But if you were playing with the bot, I was deciding whether to play along or quit watching.

I did want to know what the white ones are. Based on your answers I think Silkie, probably splash.

@NatJ , Do you know what color new born Black Bearded D'uccles are? We have 4 all black ones that might be D'uccles. They have feathered legs, four toes, and it looks like they're getting some beard and muffs.

@NatJ , Do you know what color new born Black Bearded D'uccles are? We have 4 all black ones that might be D'uccles. They have feathered legs, four toes, and it looks like they're getting some beard and muffs.
Apart from the color, I agree that those sound like d'Uccle traits.

For color, I don't know about d'Uccles specifically, but I know what "black" chicks usually look like.

In general, black chickens often look like little penguins when they hatch: lots of black, but yellow on the belly and a few other places. The amount of yellow varies a bit, but tends to be in the same general places. Sometimes the yellow is a bright shade, sometimes it is lighter, and sometimes it's white rather than yellow.

Some black chicks hatch out black all over, without the yellow areas.

So if they look black, they certainly might grow up to be black. And if the other traits suggest d'Uccle, then that might be what they are. (They should not be Cochins because of the muff/beard, and they should not be Silkies because of the 4 toes, and those are the other feather-foot breeds I can easily think of that come in black.)

Back
Top Bottom