Chick healthy but not growing?

How is your tiny chick doing now, 6 weeks later? I have a tiny 3 1/2 week old that is barely starting to feather, still all fuzz. Very active, eats and drinks well and stays busy all day. Picture shows her along side another chick from same hatch date.
1000002257.jpg

How is your tiny chick doing now, 6 weeks later? I have a tiny 3 1/2 week old that is barely starting to feather, still all fuzz. Very active, eats and drinks well and stays busy all day. Picture shows her along side another chick from same hatch date.
She’s slowly catching up, but still small compared to the other 3 with her same hatch date. She’s very healthy so I’m not worried about her any more. Your little one really is small, but looks very healthy. Did you hatch these or were they purchased? I ask because I suspect when I bought mine, I assumed they all had the same hatch date, but after watching her grow, I suspect the other chicks were a good number of days older than her. My little one is the second from the left, so you can see she’s catching up in size.

Attachments

• IMG_2125.jpeg
    IMG_2125.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 7
They were purchased. I received 7 Buff Orpingtons, same hatch date. The picture shows the biggest and the smallest. The other 4 are all about the same size, half the size of the big one, but much bigger than my tiny chick. I was looking at the pics of the group at about 4 days old and they were all about the same size then.

They were purchased. I received 7 Buff Orpingtons, same hatch date. The picture shows the biggest and the smallest. The other 4 are all about the same size, half the size of the big one, but much bigger than my tiny chick. I was looking at the pics of the group at about 4 days old and they were all about the same size then.
Sounds exactly like my situation. I’d keep watching her and if she’s active and eating and drinking and pooping well, she’ll probably be just fine. Interesting in all the chickens I’ve had over the last 13 years, I’ve never encountered this before. I’m betting your little will be fine to! Keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom