chick/en pictures from yesterday(PIC HEAVY)

Mom 2em All

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Dora, Alabama
Carmen- who made it difficult to take any pictures:

chickensfathersday018.jpg

chickensfathersday050.jpg

My Black Giant, who I am pretty sure is a he:

chickensfathersday014.jpg

chickensfathersday039.jpg

My mean barred rock pullet:

chickensfathersday021.jpg

chickensfathersday043.jpg

Some of the Junior babies, Easter eggers:

chickensfathersday049.jpg

chickensfathersday042.jpg

chickensfathersday012.jpg

chickensfathersday026.jpg

chickensfathersday056.jpg

Last edited:
My Silkies and Showgirls (realsilkiechick eggs):

chickensfathersday123.jpg

chickensfathersday116.jpg

chickensfathersday107.jpg

chickensfathersday104.jpg

chickensfathersday084.jpg

chickensfathersday085.jpg

chickensfathersday103.jpg

chickensfathersday083.jpg

The bigger two here were the sole survivors from a previous attack by my weiner dog attack. They are not from realsilkiechick. I put them in with the babies because they arent much bigger, and they are doing fine.

chickensfathersday063.jpg

Last edited:
everyone guessed her as a red sex link when she was a little puff. I dont know for sure- she was found running down the street in the suburbs.

Thank you! They grow so fast, and seem to change every day.

Carmen has come so far from the lil puff who I didnt think would live after her dog attack.
smile.png

love the pics, they r adorable! thanks so much for shareing and i'm sorry u lost 1. i had to laugh when i saw the bearded one,
ep.gif
love it, way to cute!! they don't hatch out to often.
silkie

All of them are beautiful!
big_smile.png

Please enlighten a nOoB ...what is the little Silkie lookin' one with no neck feathers? I got Titania when she was about 7 weeks, so she was fully feathered already. Is that just a stage they grow through, or a different chicken altogether?

Thanks!

Edit: I went to therealsilkiechick 's website and I see now... they are "Show Girls" ?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, the naked neck silkie is a new breed called a showgirl. it origionated with a crossing of a bantam turken crossed to a silkie. mine r 11th-16th generation showgirls, they have been breed many generations back to the silkies so they breed true and babies hatched from them will either be showgirls or silkies. younger generation ones can throw more turken genes or regular feathered where as mine don't.
hope that helps,
silkie

Back
Top Bottom