Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Life has definitely been busy here. Last year I didn't do any hatching as I was expecting my twins. Girlies are turning one in few days. Been very busy hatching this year. Just put turkey eggs on lockdown tonight. Goose eggs locking down tmrw night and I've already hatched out quail and several batches of chicks. I'll attach a few pictures.View attachment 3813134View attachment 3813135View attachment 3813136View attachment 3813137View attachment 3813138View attachment 3813139View attachment 3813140View attachment 3813140
You have been very busy. Congratulations on the twins. You have some gorgeous birds. I have some poults hatching today. Goslings come in a few weeks. So very exciting. :)

My three hens are thriving, though mad they're no longer allowed the run of the yard because SOMEONE (Blue Andalusian named Triss) likes to hop the chainlink fence and perch on my neighbor's back porch. Now that Wisconsin winter is over I'm getting two to three eggs a day!

Attachments

• IMG_1500.jpeg
    IMG_1500.jpeg
    329 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1048.jpeg
    IMG_1048.jpeg
    538.8 KB · Views: 2
I'm still around but taking care of my mom is almost a full-time job. We still have our original 5 girls. Last fall they went into a molt that seemed to last the rest of the year. We actually had to buy eggs and we let the girls know it! We got three pullets beginning of this year and now that they are laying, the older girls must have felt that they should step up. Yes, we have more eggs than we can use but our neighbors love us!
Congratulations on getting plenty of eggs. Your mom is blessed to have you caring for her. :)

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Yes, I've been busy cleaning up the yard for spring planting. While moving a load of soil from a tarp for a new raised bed, I discovered quite a few night crawlers which I gave to my girls (chickens & a duck). They went into a frenzy chasing each other around. All are doing well and glad for warm weather.

Back
Top Bottom