Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
Hi! It's been super busy around here lately. Just rehomed one of two roosters today. It was sad to see him go, but he will be much happier now that he doesn't have to compete with another rooster! Tomorrow, the baby chicks will be going outside and socializing with the older hens for the first time!

Good luck with the introducing party!
How old are the chicks?

Good morning!

I appreciate the check in! All I can say is...it's been a year...

Lots of major life changes (some good, some bad), and now I am in the process of moving. Unfortunately, my feathered babies won't be able to come with me...BUT the buyers of my place are going to keep them (and turn the 16 acres into a mini farm) and I am confident they will be well cared for.

I have appreciated this community SO much over the last few years. I hope to one day be a Chicken Momma again, but for now, I'll just content myself with seeing all of your wonderful stories and pictures. 💕
Good luck with the move!

Hey all! Well we just got 4 new chicks yesterday so we can eventually add them to our 3 big girls. We got an Arctic Blue Egger (does anyone have a pic of what the chicks look like - I’ve been skeptical if they gave me the right one!), Black Copper Maran, Easter Egger, and a Blue Australorp. We already have 2 olive eggers and 1 Welbar. We’re excited, our girls are like our pets!
Where did you buy these chicks from?

Hello! Long time! Life has been busy and crazy as I'm sure for everyone!
I moved from the city to the hill country of Texas about 2 and a half years ago. I went from just a few chickens to now I have a giant flock of free rangers! All sorts of chickens and roosters in the mix. And I've now added baby guineas, a baby turkey and some baby geese to my growing flock. As well as just having a bunch of goat kids this past month from our 3 nanny goats. Life is wonderful.
Have you been to see the tunnel yet?
https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/old-tunnel

Wow things are definitely different since we started 4 years ago. We just lost out last chicken from the first 6 hens and rooster we had.

In memory of:

Gertie
Harry
Vera
Esther
Cora
Ollie
& Bert

We currently have 8 hens and 1 rooster.
What breeds do you currently have?

I don't have any chickens yet. Just moved last summer and have to do a bit of work to the yard and then we can build a coop. So hopefully we'll be able to get some soon!
Have you started planning the coop yet?
If not make sure you build one you can walk in to to clean.

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)

Sorry it's been a bit since I've been around. We lost most of our first flock to various things, old age &predators. We just got a new group of babies a couple of weeks ago, so this is our second go round.

Attachments

• image000005.jpg
    image000005.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 1
  • image000004.jpg
    image000004.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1
  • image000003(2).jpg
    image000003(2).jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 1
  • image000002(2).jpg
    image000002(2).jpg