Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Pics
Huzza I'm aliveeeee. Mostly just up to work but. I do have 4 new chicky babies. Our turkey went broody so we snuck out one night have and gave her some beepers. She's been an awesome mom and the other chickens haven't dared to even look at those kids so far. Sweetpea walks around fully floofed out half the time. Not sure if she's just that proud of herself right now. Or if she's daring those girls to **** around a find out XD. View attachment 3814542
Hello! Lovely Turkey!!

Busy busy. Busy with work, kids, work, sick chickens, baby chickens, work, missing chickens, work, and life!

Attachments

• 20240417_201101.jpg
    20240417_201101.jpg
    685.9 KB · Views: 2
Hello, I have 9 hens. We use pine shavings in the coop and laying area. The always kick them out of laying area so I am wondering if they don't like them in there. What else can I use that they may tolerate? Thanks
Howdy! 😀
We use pine shavings in the nest boxes too. The hens will fluff whatever material you put in their laying area. It's just their way, like people fluff their pillow to make it comfy 😄. If you're concerned about their behavior try straw, or hemp.

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hello everyone :) Our little dinosaurs are fine, but unfortunately mite season started, trying to get rid of them (again).

Attachments

• 20240414_192141.jpg
    20240414_192141.jpg
    608.1 KB · Views: 2
I'm still around but taking care of my mom is almost a full-time job. We still have our original 5 girls. Last fall they went into a molt that seemed to last the rest of the year. We actually had to buy eggs and we let the girls know it! We got three pullets beginning of this year and now that they are laying, the older girls must have felt that they should step up. Yes, we have more eggs than we can use but our neighbors love us!

Back
Top Bottom