Cheap Chinese incubator. Is it worth it??

by crap out do you mean heating element cause thats like $5 fix. like i said only happen once to me. Also I prefer forced air over still air incubators, have had better hatch rates, as the temperature is evened out through the whole incubator, where still air incubators tend to have hot spots(one spot of the incubator is hotter than another spot) Also with incubator like the one the OP asked about i have had only a .8 degree flux in temp and straightens it still out in matter of seconds. I've set it and left it to do its thing as their is alarm on it that will beep if the temp fluxs more than 1 degree and if humidity drops below 40.

by crap out do you mean heating element cause thats like $5 fix. like i said only happen once to me. Also I prefer forced air over still air incubators, have had better hatch rates, as the temperature is evened out through the whole incubator, where still air incubators tend to have hot spots(one spot of the incubator is hotter than another spot) Also with incubator like the one the OP asked about i have had only a .8 degree flux in temp and straightens it still out in matter of seconds. I've set it and left it to do its thing as their is alarm on it that will beep if the temp fluxs more than 1 degree and if humidity drops below 40.

By crap out I mean the entire system just shuts down. Its awful. The heating element, humidity and temp gauges, and it wouldn't turn back on when plugged in. Tried to fix it, but I wound up getting frustrated with it and ended up getting a new one. This was a good handful of years ago, so I don't know if they've gotten better over time or what, but I've always found the cheap Chinese models to be a pain in the butt, and i tried a few different "models" (I guess that's what its called?) and they all seemed to have the same problems.. It seems they've added a few more fail-safes. Perhaps i'm just a very unlucky person, but they were always horrible and more trouble than they're worth (and that's not much), in my opinion. How long have you been using the Chinese models?

I’ve found friend that has one of these. I think she has had a very good hatch rate using it. She doesn’t use it anymore so I’m borrowing if for a test hatch so I’ll see how it goes. And if it’s good I possibly might buy it off her and that’ll save me from risking buying a dodgy one.

If it doesn’t go well I’ll look into getting the hova bator.

I only have these photos of my 'set up'! Good for a giggle at least!

Stoopid.jpg

Mistletoe.jpg

I just bought one similar. didn't realize it was one of those cheap one, just had a credit so when with it.
I have set it and ran it for 48 hours to see what the stabilized tempt/humidity was factory set at.
it stayed at 99 degrees and humidity w/o water 36%.
I am setting my first batch on Friday. :fl

I purchased this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KD75VHW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I didn't want to spend a lot of money but I wanted the convenience of automatic turning. This got good reviews and I've been very happy with it so far. I put a humidity and temperature gauge in it and a dampened sponge in the bottom of it and checked the humidity levels morning and evening. It does the job and I've had several successful hatches with it.

I just bought one similar. didn't realize it was one of those cheap one, just had a credit so when with it.
I have set it and ran it for 48 hours to see what the stabilized tempt/humidity was factory set at.
it stayed at 99 degrees and humidity w/o water 36%.
I am setting my first batch on Friday. :fl

Yeah ok hope it goes well!

I purchased this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KD75VHW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I didn't want to spend a lot of money but I wanted the convenience of automatic turning. This got good reviews and I've been very happy with it so far. I put a humidity and temperature gauge in it and a dampened sponge in the bottom of it and checked the humidity levels morning and evening. It does the job and I've had several successful hatches with it.

That’s good. Why do you prefer a sponge over a cup of water. Do you not find the sponge drys out quickly?

Back
Top Bottom