Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

"Easter" is linked to the pagan springtime goddess Eostre. Celebrated during the spring equinox, Eostre was first documented in the eighth century and is associated with some Easter traditions that have lasted to this day."
"In fact, Easter falls on the first Sunday after the first full moon of the vernal equinox, or the first day of spring. Because Easter is timed to the lunar calendar, which varies from year-to-year, the holiday does not fall on the same day every year."

I "celebrate" Easter by thinking of it as a time of rebirth, a time of potentiality, of growth.

sorry to hear that , its hard for family to respect our wishes sometimes. got any plans for the weekend anyway ?
Making Ostara dinner for my family and baskets for my kids cause they're little and don't get it all yet. A bunny is a bunny and candy is candy lol it's still spring and I still honor in my own way just not in zombie dealings 🤣

"Easter" is linked to the pagan springtime goddess Eostre. Celebrated during the spring equinox, Eostre was first documented in the eighth century and is associated with some Easter traditions that have lasted to this day."
"In fact, Easter falls on the first Sunday after the first full moon of the vernal equinox, or the first day of spring. Because Easter is timed to the lunar calendar, which varies from year-to-year, the holiday does not fall on the same day every year."

I "celebrate" Easter by thinking of it as a time of rebirth, a time of potentiality, of growth.
I think deep in my memory banks I knew about Eostre. But i definitely didn’t know about what set the timing of Easter.
Very interesting.
I will be celebrating the first Sunday after the first full moon in the vernal equinox by visiting some friends and feasting!
My contribution will be lemon curd pie which I associate with spring because it uses up A LOT of eggs!

My contribution will be lemon curd pie which I associate with spring because it uses up A LOT of eggs!
I saw your recipe. Oh, man! that looks good! Whenever I make lemon meringue pie for my husband, any of the lemon filling that doesn't fit in the pie crust is mine.

Wondering about your recipe without a pie crust, since I'm GF...?

I'm cracking down on spinning and batt making to try and get as much done as I can before the sale at the end of April. So that's my Easter break (apart from Monday, I'll be with my friend that afternoon, so the whole morning will be me getting dressed and made up)

I saw your recipe. Oh, man! that looks good! Whenever I make lemon meringue pie for my husband, any of the lemon filling that doesn't fit in the pie crust is mine.

Wondering about your recipe without a pie crust, since I'm GF...?
I think it would work - you might serve it in the dish it is baked in so it doesn't collapse!

Back
Top Bottom