Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

After a bit of searching, I found out that it's called graupel, which apparently is a snowflake that microscopic water droplets have collected on and frozen to, forming a less dense pellet of ice. It's also known as soft hail or snow pellets. It was so strange, we've had what we've called snow pellets before, but never quite like this! I thought about gathering some up and keeping it in the freezer for the birds later in the year, but they seem to have burnt themselves out on it after noshing away all morning and they're no longer interested. 🤭

That's good! And me, too, though they're so expensive for what they are :th
We get that snow here a lot

After a bit of searching, I found out that it's called graupel, which apparently is a snowflake that microscopic water droplets have collected on and frozen to, forming a less dense pellet of ice. It's also known as soft hail or snow pellets. It was so strange, we've had what we've called snow pellets before, but never quite like this! I thought about gathering some up and keeping it in the freezer for the birds later in the year, but they seem to have burnt themselves out on it after noshing away all morning and they're no longer interested. 🤭

That's good! And me, too, though they're so expensive for what they are :th
Thanks!!!! And yeah agreed!!! LOL they are a rip off. And not even that good as adults but as kids they were amazing :lau

Made my daughter's 18th birthday cake
20240322_115921.jpg

Back
Top Bottom