Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

A friend of mine donates them to her church for the Veterans Breakfast, but that suggestion is useless for this thread.
Sorry if this comment of mine came across as divisive. I didn't mean it that way. :oops: I'll go edit it if you all think I should.

I guess what I meant was, suggesting someone donate eggs to their church probably wouldn't be a helpful comment here, since many (most?) of the regular posters probably don't attend church.

That's what a friend of mine does, is all.

Sorry if this comment of mine came across as divisive. I didn't mean it that way. :oops: I'll go edit it if you all think I should.

I guess what I meant was, suggesting someone donate eggs to their church probably wouldn't be a helpful comment here, since many (most?) of the regular posters probably don't attend church.

I didn't take it that way. It's a fact of life that some people have a religion and some don't. I don't think anyone here is vehemently against hearing anything to do with religion, most here just don't practice an organized one

Ugh, I'm tired. This week has been too long workwise and my mom is trying to pass along whatever she was sick with last week to me. I can't count how many oranges I've eaten the past couple days to fight it off

Oof, hopefully you manage to avoid it! :hugs Definitely rest lots this weekend, too!

On the bright side, after work today, I will have finished reading 2 books in5 days, something I haven't done in years

Phew, I haven't read like that in a long time, either! Of course, part of that is because most of the reading I do these days is nonfiction and it takes my brain some time and re-reading to digest that stuff. :oops:

I mean, I didn't take it that way, but I guess I could see how someone could have. 🤔 I think you were fine, though. I think it was a good suggestion and it's entirely possible for any of us to reach out to local churches and ask if they do something similar or need eggs for any other reason, even if we aren't, ourselves, churchgoers. 🙂

I didn't take it that way! I have family that are veterans so if I could find somewhere local to take them I would ❤️

Oof, hopefully you manage to avoid it! :hugs Definitely rest lots this weekend, too!
Plan on it. Took her about 5 days before she was feeling better, with days 3 and 4 being the worst. Today would be either 2 or 3 for me. Might let my coworker know just in case I end up calling in on Monday. Don't want to jynx myself into being miserable all weekend, but I know if rolls were reversed, I'd like a heads up before I clocked in that day

Phew, I haven't read like that in a long time, either! Of course, part of that is because most of the reading I do these days is nonfiction and it takes my brain some time and re-reading to digest that stuff. :oops:
I just haven't been able to concentrate enough at home, and I didn't think to bring my books to work to read during break.

Also found out though that if I have my shows playing on the TV, it's enough stimulation for me to read and watch far easier than trying to do either by itself. This second book definitely is a bit denser though, even if it's just short stories and essays

There was nothing offensive about your comment. 😊 I donate to local churches a lot, and I do not share their faith. Donating to churches is like donating to local food pantries: You do it to give what you can to help those that need it most. I have always seen it as an act of caring regardless of who/what the giver/receiver are. 🙏🏻

As others have said, I didn't take it that way.
If Churches are doing the good work of distributing things to the needy then good for them.

Back
Top Bottom