Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

They are quite proud! I think they make really pretty babies, but they won't get the chance to make any more; Lady Gaga is going back to the serama pullets soon. I too, think that the babies are extremely pretty. The biggest surprise has been that little grey cockerel. I don't know how he came out solid grey (dark blue?)

Oooh, does that mean more little Lady Gagas in the future? :pop

I did see the little blue cockerel, pretty unusual from a mixed color cross! I would still expect some kind of color leakage to show up in his hackles later on as he matures, but it looks like he won't be nearly as colorful as the rest after all.

Late bloomer plus pea comb. I'm awful at pea comb sexing. Her daddy was far earlier sexingwise
I do. They are great when it comes to winter here, but I loathe trying to sex birds with them. Heck, my new cockerel still has a pullet pea comb! I'd still think he's a girl except that he has the most obvious male saddle feathers ever

Oof, yeah, I've had cockerels do that to me in the past, too. Positive that they're little ladies based on the comb, and then BAM, the saddles come in :th And pea combs definitely make telling even tougher!

Oh, I get that. What about cushion combs?

Cushions and walnuts are even worse than peas to try and sex in my experience. 😬

:frow What'cha up to this afternoon, Dawg?

I did see the little blue cockerel, pretty unusual from a mixed color cross! I would still expect some kind of color leakage to show up in his hackles later on as he matures, but it looks like he won't be nearly as colorful as the rest after all.

Oof, yeah, I've had cockerels do that to me in the past, too. Positive that they're little ladies based on the comb, and then BAM, the saddles come in :th And pea combs definitely make telling even tougher!

Cushions and walnuts are even worse than peas to try and sex in my experience. 😬

Nothing much. Just getting home from the clubhouse. And I have a bad migraine again 😭😭😭 but thankfully, I was on the cancellation list for the neurologist which I don’t remember doing but anyway, they called today and had an opening tomorrow. Original appointment was the 20th.

Yes! More mini Lady Gagas coming one or two weeks before Easter, on the 5th of May. I do expect his solid colour mini to have leakage in his male feathers, but I was just so surprised!

Back
Top Bottom