Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

Lost track of the thread again - hugs, Dawg, hang in there!! :hugs :hugs :hugs

I don't have a lot going on this afternoon, so I kind of want to try something... Anyone have a favorite chicken they'd be willing to share a picture or two of here? 🙂

...Also, on the topic of chickens, @fluffycrow how are the Cruella crew doing these days? It feels like it's been quite a while since you've posted about them!

Yup, lost the thread again, thanks for the tag! Cruella and Ursula took the initiative decision to wean the chicks a week and a half ago. Genders seem to be 7 males and 6 females. As far as colours go, well you're much better at that than me
IMG-dfc50e570e2de0ab72b2fe787df20010-V.jpg
IMG-c1c64bb6665a3205f328e7170048cf46-V.jpg
IMG-a036c8506788b5e3fbfc705df2fa893f-V.jpg
IMG-e7d0a9feef3f5f08065abec5ec58b004-V.jpg

Yup, lost the thread again, thanks for the tag! Cruella and Ursula took the initiative decision to wean the chicks a week and a half ago. Genders seem to be 7 males and 6 females. As far as colours go, well you're much better at that than meView attachment 3741830View attachment 3741831View attachment 3741832View attachment 3741833

I love them!! What pretty babies! The mamas and proud papa are pretty, too. :love

Ugh mites are the worst

Truly! :barnie This is like the fourth time they've had them in the past year, too. I'm hoping being more aggressive with treating them this time will get rid of them for longer, though the weather's looking like it's going to prevent me from treating too aggressively for a while yet. I don't want to be spraying them down in freezing temps, after all. :hmm

Just found out one of my keep pullets is a boy. Thing is like 6 months old now! Gotta retlwrite my list now too since I lost a handful of keepers

That stinks! Late bloomer or just a tougher breed / mix to sex?

So sorry to hear about your losses as well :hugs

They are quite proud! I think they make really pretty babies, but they won't get the chance to make any more; Lady Gaga is going back to the serama pullets soon. I too, think that the babies are extremely pretty. The biggest surprise has been that little grey cockerel. I don't know how he came out solid grey (dark blue?)

I love them!! What pretty babies! The mamas and proud papa are pretty, too. :love

Truly! :barnie This is like the fourth time they've had them in the past year, too. I'm hoping being more aggressive with treating them this time will get rid of them for longer, though the weather's looking like it's going to prevent me from treating too aggressively for a while yet. I don't want to be spraying them down in freezing temps, after all. :hmm

That stinks! Late bloomer or just a tougher breed / mix to sex?

So sorry to hear about your losses as well :hugs
Late bloomer plus pea comb. I'm awful at pea comb sexing. Her daddy was far earlier sexingwise

Back
Top Bottom