Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

I can’t believe it’s 2024 already

Seriously, 2023 went by so fast!! I swear the year was only like 2 months long! :th

Yes, New Years, either on January 1st, or on my birthday, eh... just another day. But it makes a good point for assessing where I am, and where I want to go. A good day for reflection on my life so far too.

This is my perspective on it as well. I don't go out of my way to party about either occasion--well, I don't really party at all, truth be told--but it doesn't hurt to take time to reflect on things, remember the events of the past year, or just wish people a good day or year in general. 🙂

Seriously, 2023 went by so fast!! I swear the year was only like 2 months long! :th

This is my perspective on it as well. I don't go out of my way to party about either occasion--well, I don't really party at all, truth be told--but it doesn't hurt to take time to reflect on things, remember the events of the past year, or just wish people a good day or year in general. 🙂
IKR!? I feel that way too lol

Soo, I forgot to update again. The one chocolate chick is male, so does this mean this gene is not chocolate, like you once said, pipd
20231227_142219.jpg
20231227_143830.jpg
?

Soo, I forgot to update again. The one chocolate chick is male, so does this mean this gene is not chocolate, like you once said, pipdView attachment 3716777View attachment 3716778?

Yes, that would confirm that it can't be the chocolate gene because that gene is sexlinked recessive, meaning a male would have to inherit the gene from both parents to express it, but we know Cruella does not have it because females express it if they have it. Based on some of the pictures you've posted of him more recently, I think that's instead a dun gene inherited from Gaga. Dun is a partial dominant, so one copy if the gene (I^d/i+) expresses as brown plumage, and two copies (I^d/I^d) express as paler brown to whitish plumage depending on other genes at play.

What a pretty set of babies :love

I hate to say it, but the older I get, the faster the years go by.

Well, I definitely don't like the sounds of that! 🤭 Actually, yes, I feel like that's the case as well. I can remember summers in my childhood that felt like they lasted forever, and now it feels like I blink and we go from January to November. :th

Yes, that would confirm that it can't be the chocolate gene because that gene is sexlinked recessive, meaning a male would have to inherit the gene from both parents to express it, but we know Cruella does not have it because females express it if they have it. Based on some of the pictures you've posted of him more recently, I think that's instead a dun gene inherited from Gaga. Dun is a partial dominant, so one copy if the gene (I^d/i+) expresses as brown plumage, and two copies (I^d/I^d) express as paler brown to whitish plumage depending on other genes at play.

What a pretty set of babies :love

Well, I definitely don't like the sounds of that! 🤭 Actually, yes, I feel like that's the case as well. I can remember summers in my childhood that felt like they lasted forever, and now it feels like I blink and we go from January to November. :th

Thanks for the information, and confirmation on that pipd! Seeing anything else in the chicks that would be worthy to bring up? Personally for me, I'm still shocked by the feathered shanks. Two babies have them!

Back
Top Bottom