Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

Agree.
Maybe the thread should be named ‘religion free zone’ so it describes the nature of the chat and isn’t focused on the beliefs of the participants.

Hmm, maybe. I'd be afraid that that would draw in more people to argue about, 1, why we'd want a religion-free zone (similar to what happens here), and 2, that the thread isn't necessary because according to the rules religion is discouraged as a topic anyway... despite that there are several threads where religion is specifically the topic. :rolleyes:

Hmm, maybe. I'd be afraid that that would draw in more people to argue about, 1, why we'd want a religion-free zone (similar to what happens here), and 2, that the thread isn't necessary because according to the rules religion is discouraged as a topic anyway... despite that there are several threads where religion is specifically the topic. :rolleyes:
Sigh.
You are probably right.

Hey guys! I'm just stopping by to ask a quick question.
Why aren't you 'religious'?
Just curious. :pop
I'm in a transition space right now with me personally, so I wouldn't say I'm no longer completely non religious, but I already mentioned that earlier.

For a long time, it was because I just could not believe in a God that was so cruel that he would purposefully create someone like me and my friends only to condemn them to torture forever for something that was something they were born with. And then, after my flock had gotten sick, I couldn't understand 'okay, so people have bad stuff happen because he still hasn't gotten over two people ignoring him. Fine. But what on earth did animals do to suddenly have all these awful diseases that they have absolutely nothing they can do about. Why is it fair for him to let animals suffer just because he can?'

Potential list of questions that should be banned in this thread:

Why aren't you religious/ christian?
Why are you athiest / non-religious?

(I wouldn't know how to suggest this to the thread owner, I'm still new. Feel free to add suggestions)
I don't think it's a big deal honestly as long as the answers are respected and the person does not try to argue about our individual responses or the purpose of the thread. It's no different in my opinion to 'when did you realize you wanted to be a teacher' or 'why did you decide to be a writer or artist?'

There is no proof of gods because its fake, not real, made up, magical thinking.

Prove to me, with evidence and I will give my life to whichever god you prove up.

Proof, not because this book says, or because how else could this happen. Proof, evidence.

I will wait.

Hey guys! I'm just stopping by to ask a quick question.
Just curious. :pop
Experiences with the established 'church'.
I heard this quote years ago:

Religion is for people who are afraid of Hell.
Spirituality is for people who have already been there.
Indeed ! Been there, survived, ain't goin back. :wee

Back
Top Bottom