Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

Pics
FB_IMG_1677164174562.jpg

I am the luckiest person I know.

I used to work with a guy who was Asian (not sure what nationality) who claimed he could tell things about people by knowing their birthdate, and knowing them. He told us about one woman he knew. He'd told her that she should not get pregnant and give birth during a certain year, because her and her baby would have incompatible years, and the child would not survive. She had the baby, and he told her she must give it up for adoption, for its sake. She didn't believe him, kept the baby, and it died.

We just nodded, said, umhm, and kept working. There was a pause in the conversation. Then he looked over his work station at me and said, "Sally, you will be rich." And that was all he said.

I don't know if I'm rich, but my wealth.... I'm am very wealthy in many ways.

Technically the farm name is currently Pixie Hollar.

However for like our goats we have for their papers Purple Pixie

So trying to think of something for the birds similar. Both me and my BF are biracial of Hispanic mix so toying with some Spanish.

Aw, I love that! I've dabbled in naming my little farm here, but haven't really 100% settled on anything. My grandparents farmed the other end of this property (and ran pigs through this end because it's heavily wooded so couldn't really be planted) and called their farm Windy Hill Farm. Well, my uncle inherited that end of the property and isn't a farmer, and my dad inherited this end, plus we're not really on a hill back here, we're in a woods, so I was thinking maybe Windy Woods Farm would be nice as a callback to my grandparents. 😊

:oops: I have 7 chickens. Will bump up to 11 when I chicks in 82 days! :celebrate

We totally lucked out when we got our place. House with 8 acres. Neighbor sold us another 12, and then we got another 5, so we have 25 acres. We are the luckiest people I know.

You've got lots of room for more chickens, though. :D What breeds are you getting in 82 days?

Our 10 acres are split, half woods, & half not.

Pretty much all woods here, except for the other end of the property that's regrowing into woods. This is the view off the back deck late spring:

The woods 5-22-14.JPG

And a panorama from early spring, deep in the woods:

woods panorama.jpg

This area is the other end of the property and was planted with crops a long time ago which is why it's not as wooded, but then in my childhood we planted a bunch of trees and have been letting it go back to nature. Actually, it's been so long since I took this picture that there are more trees and bushes in this area now!

Meadow.jpg

I absolutely love it here, really can't complain much. But like I said, hard to build much. 😅

We have a swamp, in our woods.

Dad's replacing the old deer blind, so I can have it, & turn it into a coop.

Always exciting to have a new coop in the works! :D I've got a pen planned to split one of my coops into two for breeding purposes, but some bills came up so I've had to postpone that for now. :hmm

Aw, I love that! I've dabbled in naming my little farm here, but haven't really 100% settled on anything. My grandparents farmed the other end of this property (and ran pigs through this end because it's heavily wooded so couldn't really be planted) and called their farm Windy Hill Farm. Well, my uncle inherited that end of the property and isn't a farmer, and my dad inherited this end, plus we're not really on a hill back here, we're in a woods, so I was thinking maybe Windy Woods Farm would be nice as a callback to my grandparents. 😊

You've got lots of room for more chickens, though. :D What breeds are you getting in 82 days?

Pretty much all woods here, except for the other end of the property that's regrowing into woods. This is the view off the back deck late spring:

View attachment 3413559

And a panorama from early spring, deep in the woods:

View attachment 3413562

This area is the other end of the property and was planted with crops a long time ago which is why it's not as wooded, but then in my childhood we planted a bunch of trees and have been letting it go back to nature. Actually, it's been so long since I took this picture that there are more trees and bushes in this area now!

View attachment 3413564

I absolutely love it here, really can't complain much. But like I said, hard to build much. 😅

Always exciting to have a new coop in the works! :D I've got a pen planned to split one of my coops into two for breeding purposes, but some bills came up so I've had to postpone that for now. :hmm
Just debating whether I want it strictly for my OEGBs, or somehow divide it into a breeding coop.

Back
Top Bottom