Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

Pics
Our ladies have picked up, I get between 6-8 eggs a day. In about 3-4 days of collecting I get in total of 23 eggs.
Ok, Little, Middle, Lark, and May! Get with it! Widget, you too, but you gotta red-up a bit. And don't you dare think of going broody, Miss W!

Stormy can't do it all, ladies. Be team players and help out.

Snowbird gets a pass on this. :lau (my rooster)

Honestly, I keep thinking ANY day now, I'll get 2-3-4 eggs, and I really will have bought my last dozen at the store. Some day, I'll be right. :gig

Ok, Little, Middle, Lark, and May! Get with it! Widget, you too, but you gotta red-up a bit. And don't you dare think of going broody, Miss W!

Stormy can't do it all, ladies. Be team players and help out.

Snowbird gets a pass on this. :lau (my rooster)

Honestly, I keep thinking ANY day now, I'll get 2-3-4 eggs, and I really will have bought my last dozen at the store. Some day, I'll be right. :gig
So, none of your ladies aren't laying yet?

I've got 3 pullets laying, 2-3 more getting close, & a few of my older birds have started up again.

I used to have half the flock peck me to get my attention. It all started because of my boy Goober, started the bad habit. Everytime I went in to feed, or check on them, hens, or Goober would walk over to me, & peck my arm, or leg until I petted them, or picked them up, or gave them a treat.
The habit eventually wore off, except one lady continued it. She became soup.

It's only my Marans here. My large fowl Blue Cochin used to, but stopped in her old age, and she never pinched like the Marans do, more of just a poke to get my attention. 🥰 I wouldn't dream of making soup from any of them, though, they're such sweet girls otherwise. They just don't know their own strength, I guess!

Ugh, that was like us here, getting maybe one egg every other day or so. Then that hen went broody and it was zero eggs every day. Finally have some picking back up so I'm getting 1-3 eggs a day now with the occasional 4th egg! :wee

So, none of your ladies aren't laying yet?

I've got 3 pullets laying, 2-3 more getting close, & a few of my older birds have started up again.

I have 2 out of my 7 pullets finally laying now, no strong signs of even getting close from the rest. Serves me right for pretty much only hatching Cochin bantams last year. :rolleyes:

I don't look at most of those, but I don't think they only talk about the thing in the title for the most part.
I agree with this. I went to the end of one of the very long specific threads, don't even remember which one but by the time they have 1000 pages, if you say something relative to the title, it's a "plop," and get's skipped over, it's just funny to me.

Just Stormy. 2 out of 3 days, I get an egg from her. 4 more have very red combs, and I *think* 3 of those have laid an egg. But not regularly, or recently, that I know for sure.
At least you're getting something. Started out getting 2-3 eggs at the beginning of winter, from the older girls, & 1 pullet.

It's only my Marans here. My large fowl Blue Cochin used to, but stopped in her old age, and she never pinched like the Marans do, more of just a poke to get my attention. 🥰 I wouldn't dream of making soup from any of them, though, they're such sweet girls otherwise. They just don't know their own strength, I guess!

Ugh, that was like us here, getting maybe one egg every other day or so. Then that hen went broody and it was zero eggs every day. Finally have some picking back up so I'm getting 1-3 eggs a day now with the occasional 4th egg! :wee

I have 2 out of my 7 pullets finally laying now, no strong signs of even getting close from the rest. Serves me right for pretty much only hatching Cochin bantams last year. :rolleyes:
Only Marans I've had was a Black Copper Marans, & 2 Cuckoo Marans. Neither were biters, thankfully. A poke is definitely better then a bite.

They need encouragement it sounds like.

Is the title of this thread nessesary? Just seems like an attention seeker...
Or if you put a more positive, cup half full spin on it, maybe it's gets the attention of people like myself who wouldn't participate in the clearly religious threads. You can see by how long I've been on here that I don't really just blabber all day but maybe I'll find interesting information in a thread in this particular forum which as it says Social>Random Ramblings - does not have to be all about chickens. Or it can. But maybe it won't, but maybe it will be.......... LOL. Peace.

Eh, a thread title is kinda like a resume for a job interview. It starts a conversation. Like minded folks will join in if they feel like it, and the conversation will ebb and flow over time like a river of thought. Most of the discussions on random are not about the stated topic in any way after the first 20 pages. If they're active and new users see them, they keep going.

Only Marans I've had was a Black Copper Marans, & 2 Cuckoo Marans. Neither were biters, thankfully. A poke is definitely better then a bite.

Mine are mixed color. I was able to determine that Murphy, their dad, was Birchen with one copy of gold so likely a Black Copper x Birchen mix, and their mother was pure Black Copper. One of them looks Birchen but with a golden tinge, and the other is solid Black. I also have a Wheaten Marans hen unrelated, but she doesn't pinch or bite because she's far too civilized for such behavior. 🤭

They need encouragement it sounds like.

Ah, they'll get there. I just miss baking with fresh eggs. 😭

Back
Top Bottom