Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

Pics
It can be passed from great grandparents, or grandparents, or some other ancestors. Even hens can have the "Mean Gene", but it's more rare.

I suppose, their mom and sisters sure are/were pushy gals. They like to pinch the backs of my legs when I'm too slow measuring out the feed in the morning--OUCH! 🤣

Not sure why threads like this are even made...isnt this a chicken forum shouldn't we all be talking about chickens and nothing else....

We're... literally talking about chickens on the page you posted this?

I suppose, their mom and sisters sure are/were pushy gals. They like to pinch the backs of my legs when I'm too slow measuring out the feed in the morning--OUCH! 🤣

Is the title of this thread nessesary? Just seems like an attention seeker...

Is the title of this thread nessesary? Just seems like an attention seeker...

Well, yes, as it's meant to be a thread for those of us without religious beliefs to connect to one another, hang out, and chat. It got my attention, anyway, as I've always kind of wanted this type of thread to hang out in here!

It's the random ramblings section. It's meant for off-topic banter and fun, not just chickens, always chickens, nothing except chickens. That's why there is a thread for the coffee-drinkers, and fans of the Witcher, and teens, and hunters and fishers, and on and on. It's a social area for people to connect with one another based on their interests or lifestyles. If you aren't interested, no one is forcing you to participate here. 🙂

They just sound like spoiled, bossy ladies.

Oh, they definitely are, but I love them dearly. 🥰
I used to have half the flock peck me to get my attention. It all started because of my boy Goober, started the bad habit. Everytime I went in to feed, or check on them, hens, or Goober would walk over to me, & peck my arm, or leg until I petted them, or picked them up, or gave them a treat.
The habit eventually wore off, except one lady continued it. She became soup.

Wow! It's sunny! :eek: On the snow we got, that amount of light is blindingly bright. Maybe it'll make the girls want to get back to work and give me more eggs...

Really, it has been very gloomy here. I want to stay in bed and read. Not do much of anything.
It was bright earlier today, here too, but since then it's mostly clouded back up.

Our ladies have picked up, I get between 6-8 eggs a day. In about 3-4 days of collecting I get in total of 23 eggs.

Back
Top Bottom