Cayuga mixes pictures?

Did you have any issues with the Cayuga drake mating with the Welsh Harlequins? My flock is all WH (plus one Rouen), but I have the opportunity to adopt three Cayuga (two females and a male). Just wondering about size difference. I currently have all females, so the Cayuga would be the only drake.
We have a Cayuga drake (Duckman) in a mixed Cayuga/Welsh Harlequin flock, and while he’s pretty big, we haven’t had any issues with our Welshes being mated. The Cayuga females aren’t that much bigger than our female Welsh Harlequins. This is hatch week for our first breeding, and so far so good!

So next spring I plan on getting 10 ducks, one of which will be a Cayuga drake. The females I will be getting are:
1 Welsh Harlequin
2 Khaki Campbell
2 Cayuga
1 Buff
1 Blue runner
1 Chocolate Runner
1 Black runner
So I already know what the Cayuga female to Cayuga drake would be, Cayuga clearly. And I'm pretty sure of the Khaki Campbell Cayuga cross, because I've seen them on the YouTube channel Gold Shaw Farm. But any pictures of any of the female breeds listed above crossed with a Cayuga would be extremely helpful:)
This thread is older but I’m curious to how they turned out. I also watch Gold Shaw and have seen crossed elsewhere and they never look pure. However we hatched out 6 ducklings all of switch were Cayuga x Khaki or Cayuga x Mallard. 3 turned out looking pure Khaki and 3 turned out looking pure Cayuga. I was so curious as to why they didn’t looked mixed whatsoever.

I know this is an old thread, but I thought may one of you can help.
I have two drakes, one a Welsh Harlequin and the other an Ancona. I just had 7 eggs hatch (natural) last night, and am wondering what I've got. My hens are Cayuga, WH and Ancona. I know some posters said that black with white bib is Cayuga/WH, but I was wondering what Ancona/Cayuga and Ancona/WH looked like?
I think I've got two pure Ancona ducklings.
Screenshot_20220529-132147_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220529-131717_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220529-131717_Gallery.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
We had 7 eggs hatch from our buff drake and cayuga hen. 6 of the black, blue, grey, and silver ones were male and the chocolate one was female.

After researching sex linked ducks, it rings true with these two breeds or atleast it did for me lol. The pictures don't do justice with the colors of both nor the pattern on males.
20240416_190957.jpg
Screenshot_20240509_220337_Gallery.jpg

Back
Top Bottom