candling two goose eggs on day 31 are they dead or alive?

here’s a 20 second vid of just the one that Trudy is still sitting on, Please tell me Trudy isnt sitting on it for nothing… ( today is Day 32) @JRies @ElGoose @AGeese @SilverBirds @Goosebaby
Goodness I’m not sure from the looks of it :^( I’d say maybe leave it with her for a bit and not rotate it, if you can’t see any fluid knocking about and there’s no bad smell then it could be ok? I‘ve never candled an egg later than day 20 or so I’m not sure.

Goodness I’m not sure from the looks of it :^( I’d say maybe leave it with her for a bit and not rotate it, if you can’t see any fluid knocking about and there’s no bad smell then it could be ok? I‘ve never candled an egg later than day 20 or so I’m not sure.
no bad smell, i checked again this morning.

I'm not seeing any movement.
yeah at day 23 i saw movement but i know a lot of them don’t make it through the 4th week :(
she is still sitting on it today because I read that pilgrim goose eggs can hatch anywhere anywhere between day 28 and day 34. the first egg hatched on the 29th day today today is day 32. I just don’t want to get rid of the egg if there’s any chance it might hatch, but I also would like to relieve Trudy of her stressful time of brooding before her health is damaged

Back
Top Bottom