Can you raise baby chicks in unheated garage

Pics
That has auto shutoff

Auto off or stay on mode, you can override the auto off.

heating pad control.jpg

No problem, I've used this pad for three years without any problems. Some people don't like this style because if the power goes out, it won't come back on. The other style, people say it will come back on. I don't get many power outages.
That was the exact concern that made up my mind. Well, and the price tag... I paid $10 or so for the cheapie model with the slide switch before everyone started buying them and they raised the price.
:confused:

Hello All,
This is my second time raising littles. The first go round they were in my house. We have recently built a garage and my question is can you keep the brooder out in an unheated garage? They have a mother hen cave with a heating pad. But can the garage be too cold for them? Its in the high 20 low 30s at night and the 40's during the day here in good old northern maine...HELP!

Hello All,
This is my second time raising littles. The first go round they were in my house. We have recently built a garage and my question is can you keep the brooder out in an unheated garage? They have a mother hen cave with a heating pad. But can the garage be too cold for them? Its in the high 20 low 30s at night and the 40's during the day here in good old northern maine...HELP!
if you can keep them at the proper temp for their age and draft and predator free it would be ok. Dont put them directly on concrete put a wood or styrafome barrier between the concrete and the brooder

They'll be fine. I keep mine in a small brooder on my heated porch for a week or two. (Depends on the breed and size) Then I move them to a brooder in my unheated chicken coop. They have more room in there and access to run around in a room without heat and then go warm up when they need to like they would their mother.

Back
Top Bottom