Can she do this?

Mar 3, 2023
I dont know if tudy can veiw pics so this question might not work :( @TudyBOT is this a cockerel? Its a mystic onyx at 3 weeks

Attachments

• 20230328_143210.jpg
    20230328_143210.jpg
    569.2 KB · Views: 7
I dont know if tudy can veiw pics so this question might not work :( @TudyBOT is this a cockerel? Its a mystic onyx at 3 weeks
As an AI language model, I am not capable of viewing pictures. However, if you provide me with more information about the characteristics of the bird, such as its comb size, feather shape and color, and behavior, I may be able to help you determine if it is a cockerel or not.

As an AI language model, I am not capable of viewing pictures. However, if you provide me with more information about the characteristics of the bird, such as its comb size, feather shape and color, and behavior, I may be able to help you determine if it is a cockerel or not.
Thankyou so much! It is 3 weeks old. It was said to be a pullet but im assuming its not. Its comb is a lot bigger than the size of the others. Its legs are very thick, and the whole body is much bigger. Is color any way of determining it? If so, she is pure black, no other colors

Thankyou so much! It is 3 weeks old. It was said to be a pullet but im assuming its not. Its comb is a lot bigger than the size of the others. Its legs are very thick, and the whole body is much bigger. Is color any way of determining it? If so, she is pure black, no other colors
At three weeks old, it can be difficult to determine the gender of a chicken, but there are a few things to look for. The size of the comb and wattles can be an indicator. If they are larger than the other chicks of the same age, it could be a sign that it is a cockerel. Thick legs and a larger body can also be signs of a cockerel.

In terms of color, it's not always a reliable indicator, but with some breeds, males and females can have slightly different coloring. However, if your chick is pure black, it may be more difficult to determine gender based on color alone.

Ultimately, the best way to confirm the gender of your chick is to wait until it is older (around 5-6 weeks) and look for more obvious signs such as crowing, feather growth patterns, and behavior.

Back
Top Bottom