Can I start a controversial topic(probable) and most likely play devils advocate?

…so are you serious? Is your name even Jim? Because made up male names have to be Bob, I don’t know why lol.
Your one and only hint....

Yes, you are in the minority here. and you made a common mistake. You don't own your home and your land, you hold them in trust for your local lord (the State) and its designate lesser lords (your county and/or municipality). As is evident the first time you choose not to pay taxes, or they decide your land can be put to "better" purposes. See, for example, "Kelo v. City of New London".

Broadly, owners here on BYC fall into one of five categories.

The lucky few whose ordinances place few if any restrictions on ownership, situated on large parcels (10+ acres) who choose to erect some form of containment for their birds (or have so much land their chickens don't leave it).

Those whose ordinances place few restrictions and don't care if their birds leave their property (I don't consider this to be "neighborly", and routinely tell those "benefiting" from unwanted local chickens on their lands to search their Code, key words, "at large").

Those whose code is moderately to quite restrictive, and who choose to abide by said code - typically 4 to 6 hens in a small cage, cooped 24/7, often with odious permitting requirements, potential inspections, and licensing.

a small number of people who don't abide by their local zoning - reasons vary. Some of whom very publicly make the mistake you repeated above, loudly, as if it justifies/excuses their choice to flaunt the rules of civil society.

the poor folks whose zoning appears not particularly restrictive, and choose to get birds, only to discover that their continued ownership is dependent on their neighbors not making nuisance complaints - because their ownership is dependent on the neighbors not working night shifts, selling their home to a less poultry tolerant owner, people assuming the new rat/raccooon/possom problem is because of the chickens and not recent high rain fall or jim on the corner leaving trash out for days after his 3 day bar-b-q bash, etc...

And once again I feel stupid! Thanks Jim Bob!
For a minute I felt so bad. Omg what’s wrong with poor Jim that he needs full trash cans?
Well now I feel stupid... 🤨
I felt so bad for a minute. I was like omg why does poor Jim need full trash cans??? In my defense…ok I have no defense

Attachments

• IMG_1152.gif
    IMG_1152.gif
    5 MB · Views: 0
…so are you serious? Is your name even Jim? Because made up male names have to be Bob, I don’t know why lol.
If it makes you feel better, we can pretend the made up male name is "Jim Bob". I thought of calling him Norman Neighbor, but then I'd have to have invited Cliff Claven and suddenly it's "Cheers" reruns, because you know Sam and Diane will drop by.

Back
Top Bottom