Can chickens eat earwigs/pincher bugs?

it's funny, mine don't but they also don't eat Honeybees either... dead or alive :D
My chickens hang near the hives but aren't very interested in honeybees dead or alive. They may eat the occasional crawling drone. Earwigs are harmless unless they are destroying your plants. Interesting thing about earwigs:

Earwigs
Most insects, particularly those that tend to roll solo, aren’t exactly the most caring parents. But the female earwig is a very notable exception. The mother will provide her eggs with warmth, clean them to protect them from fungus and protect them from predators. During this period, the only thing she’ll eat is any eggs that have gone bad and will not hatch. When the eggs hatch, she will help the babies break through their shells and continue to protect the little ones for another few months until they have molted a second time. She will even feed her babies regurgitated food and if anything happens to her during this time, the babies will then eat their mother for sustenance.

Attachments

• Earwig-nest-with-mother-nymphs-eggs.jpg
    Earwig-nest-with-mother-nymphs-eggs.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 7
My chickens hang near the hives but aren't very interested in honeybees dead or alive. They may eat the occasional crawling drone. Earwigs are harmless unless they are destroying your plants. Interesting thing about earwigs:

Earwigs
Most insects, particularly those that tend to roll solo, aren’t exactly the most caring parents. But the female earwig is a very notable exception. The mother will provide her eggs with warmth, clean them to protect them from fungus and protect them from predators. During this period, the only thing she’ll eat is any eggs that have gone bad and will not hatch. When the eggs hatch, she will help the babies break through their shells and continue to protect the little ones for another few months until they have molted a second time. She will even feed her babies regurgitated food and if anything happens to her during this time, the babies will then eat their mother for sustenance.
Bess beetles are also amazing parents. ❤

Back
Top Bottom