can a chicken tractor be used for rabbits?

nightshade

Songster
12 Years
Mar 19, 2007
Jonestown Pa , Columbia County
Hi I was just wondering if anyone out there knew if you could use a tractor similar to that for chickens for rabbits?
My son and I got three at market on Tuesday that by the looks of all the others that went that day, were headed for the meat trade. So I let him have them, but we got rid of our rabbit hutches last year. When to our horror they became filled with large spiders that actually killed our rabbits. So fearing a reoccurance of the last terrible rabbit experience we have had. I wanted to put them in a tractor like hutch. So I could shuttle them around under my fruit trees, and yard. Does any one think this would work?
I am not worried about damage to my yard since we can barely get grass to grow anyway. I did not want to let them free rage because we are nesseled in the woods and they could too easly become someones dinner. I was thinking a tractor that sat right on the ground so they could nibble grass, flowers ect. Or maybe a stationary hutch built like a large tractor, with some of the bottom wire covered with dirt so they could dust bath and so the grass and such could grow up through the wire. This way they could run around like free rage bunnies but with out the fears of becoming dinner.
Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
smile.png

Sounds like a great idea! Particularly if it were totally enclosed. Rabbits will burrow into the ground, and if the bottom is of a material such as hardware cloth or the like, that would prevent this. Great idea, though. Never thought of it myself. Let us know how it works for you.

Back
Top Bottom