Can’t wait

Welcome. You are so smart to join this group before getting chickens, a coop and a run. I did not and bought, not one, but two premanufactured coops, just to find out how bad they are for space and ventilation. Go big on your coop and run. Most of us that cannot build convert coops. We add ventilation above the roosting bars, add roosting bars and nesting boxes. A lot of space in your coop and run prophylactically takes care of so many issues - boredom, pecking, diseases, etc...

Welcome. You are so smart to join this group before getting chickens, a coop and a run. I did not and bought, not one, but two premanufactured coops, just to find out how bad they are for space and ventilation. Go big on your coop and run. Most of us that cannot build convert coops. We add ventilation above the roosting bars, add roosting bars and nesting boxes. A lot of space in your coop and run prophylactically takes care of so many issues - boredom, pecking, diseases, etc...
Thank you! I'm an obsessive planner...down to the last irritating detail so I'm compiling a notebook of as much info and as many pics as I can prior to getting the girls....I know I'll learn as I go but I want to gather as much intel as I can prior to. There's so much knowledge and kindness on this site that I know I'll be set up for success!!

Back
Top Bottom